Facelifts and neck lifts at Colorado Facial Plastic Surgery can help tighten and lift the skin to create a more attractive, youthful appearance for adults of all ages. A facelift can smooth and diminish lines and wrinkles near the eyes, cheeks, and lower face, while a neck lift addresses creases, excess skin, and fatty deposits in the jowls and neck. We also perform submentoplasty, which is an aesthetic procedure that enhances the profile of the upper neck and chin area. Our experienced Englewood, CO facial plastic surgeons deeply understand anatomy and the complex intricacies of facelift and neck lift procedures and utilize their refined skills to create a natural look that’s smooth and appealing. Schedule a visit with our team to learn if one of these popular cosmetic surgery solutions might be right for you!
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 Benefits
- 3 Ideal Candidate
- 4 Procedure
- 5 Expectations
- 6 Facelift and Neck Lift Video
- 7 Contact
- 8 FAQ
Before and After Photos
Facelifts and neck lifts in Denver, CO at Colorado Facial Plastic Surgery offer a wide range of benefits to dramatically rejuvenate and remake your appearance, including:
- Smoothing moderate to severe lines and wrinkles
- Tightening loose skin
- Improving multiple signs of aging
- Reducing a double chin, turkey neck, and large jowls
- Defining the jawline and chin
- Recontouring the neck
- Addressing lost volume in the face
- Results are natural-looking and long-lasting
- Effective for men and women
- Scarring is easily hidden and practically invisible
One of the major mechanisms of aging involves descent of soft tissue as the supporting structures of the face and neck gradually weaken over time and yield to the force of gravity. This results in characteristic changes associated with age. In the midface, the cheek region begins to gradually move down in the face and develops tell-tale depressions and folds. The lower face soft tissues overhang the lower jaw line and result in jowl formation. Fullness develops in the upper neck under the jawline. In the area under the chin excess skin and fat can contribute to a ‘turkey neck’ appearance and muscle banding can show through the skin. The aging face often has several of these changes. A properly planned face and neck lift surgery will help reverse these changes and restore a youthful natural appearance.
Numerous different names have been developed to describe different types of surgical lifting procedures in the face and neck leading to confusion for patients trying to sort out which type of face and/or neck lifting is best for them. At Colorado Facial Plastic Surgery, we try to simplify things so that the consumer can better understand and make informed good choices. We divide the different types of facelifts based on the main areas that need to be addressed:
- Midface Lift. This procedure is used to primarily reposition the cheek mound that has descended with age back up to original prominence over the cheekbone. It can be performed through a variety of approaches. The most powerful method is to use a “subperiosteal” technique that releases the cheek soft tissues directly over the cheek bone. This method uses a combined approach from the temple area as well as through the mouth. Alternatively, if a lower face lift is being performed then an extended dissection from this approach will allow for lifting of the cheek soft tissues.
- Lower Face Lift. This component of face lifting is designed to elevate the drooping tissues in the lower face overhanging the jawline and in the region of the jowls. The incision passes from the temple region around the front of the ear and when expertly performed will heal in a very well camouflaged manner that is barely perceptible.
- Neck Lift. A neck lift addressed the aging changes in the region under the jawline on each side of the neck and/or under the chin in the middle of the neck. For the region under the chin a small horizontal incision in the midline area is used. This part of a neck lift is also known as a submentoplasty and can be used as a stand-alone procedure for limited aging at the front of the neck. The goal is to reduce any fatty fullness either using liposuction or direct excision of fat to restore a sharp chin-to-neck angle. In addition, a submentoplasty almost always includes a platysmaplasty to eliminate the muscle banding that can occur here. For the sides of the neck an incision around the ear passing back into the scalp region behind the ear is used. This gives access to the neck area below the jawline which can be lifted and tightened. Except for an isolated submentoplasty to address the front of the neck, a neck lift is almost always combine with a facelift procedure in order to avoid a sudden cutoff and “pleating” at the jawline in the lower face.
A lot of techniques have been promoted such as minilift, short scar facelift, etc. We feel that the 2 main considerations in face and neck lifting are the incision used and the plane of dissection. The location and the length of the incision is determined by the amount and location of the excess skin that needs to be removed. Regarding the plane of dissection, we have found that the deep plane is by far the most powerful and durable method to deliver a natural looking result and so our face-neck lifting always includes some form of deep plane dissection, either limited or extended depending on what is necessary.
Following surgery patients usually experience mild to moderate pain that can be controlled with non-narcotic medications in most patients. Some patients may require a few days of narcotic medication. Swelling and bruising occurs through the lifted regions. Several postoperative measures are taken to minimize this including applying cooling pads and pressure bandages and taking steroid medications and supplements to help minimize swelling and bruising. There will be some degree of numbness through the operated areas that gradually resolves after a few weeks. Patients are expected to follow a set of detailed care instructions following surgery. Sutures are removed 7 to 10 days after surgery. Most can return work within 2 to 4 weeks depending on the extent and complexity of the surgery.
Facelift and Neck Lift Video
Facelift and neck lift procedures can help you attain a natural-looking, rejuvenated appearance and age-defying results. When performed by the board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeons at our Englewood, CO practice, facelifts and neck lifts can help you look years younger and feel more confident. Book a consultation at Colorado Facial Plastic Surgery to hear more about these treatments, learn about facelift and neck lift costs, or explore other aesthetic treatment options.
How much does a facelift cost?
The cost of your facelift will depend on the technique used. During your consultation, a unique treatment plan will be created based on your needs and goals. Once this is established, our team can go over the estimates of fees with you. To avoid unnatural-looking results, it’s best to concentrate on finding a skilled surgeon instead of the cheapest price. Colorado Facial Plastic Surgery can help you find low-interest financing that will make your surgery affordable.
Which technique is best for me?
The best technique for you will vary based on your concerns, goals, degree of skin laxity, which areas are being addressed, and other factors. To produce your best results, we will explain the different surgical techniques during your consultation. We will then help you decide which technique is best.
Should I get a surgical or nonsurgical facelift?
While there are several great nonsurgical skin tightening procedures, these can usually only give you small improvements. For moderate to severe skin sagging, facelift surgery is the best choice to improve your appearance. In your consultation, our team of surgeons will discuss your options, including nonsurgical treatments, to help you select which is best for your needs and goals.
What about wrinkle fillers and relaxers over facelift surgery?
Wrinkle fillers and relaxers, like Juvéderm and BOTOX, have become very popular to improve fine lines and wrinkles. Sometimes known as a liquid facelift, nonsurgical wrinkle treatments are good for early signs of aging, but the results won’t last more than 1 – 2 years. A facelift can produce more significant improvements than injectables with results that can last for a long time. Ask our team about nonsurgical wrinkle treatments during your consultation.
Will my results look natural?
Some patients worry that facelift surgery will make their skin look shiny, overly tight, or like they are in a wind tunnel. The Colorado Facial Plastic Surgery team focuses on giving you results that look natural, so you look refreshed and not fake. We will listen to your concerns and goals before creating your personal treatment plan with the technique that will produce your best results.
Will I have visible scars after a facelift, and how can they be minimized?
Visible scarring is a common concern for individuals considering facelift surgery. While it’s true that some degree of scarring is inevitable with any surgical procedure, experienced plastic surgeons employ several techniques to minimize the appearance of these scars, ensuring that they remain as inconspicuous as possible.