This patient is a 71 year old gentleman who presented with significant vision trouble. He saw his Ophthalmologist who performed visual field testing which demonstrated difficulty seeing in certain directions such as upward. He complained of needing to push his skin up in the morning so that it was off of his eyelashes. Upper blepharoplasty with fat pad reduction was performed which involves an incision to remove skin from the eyelid and a small amount of fat near the nose. These are his 1 month post-operative photos. He is extremely pleased with the visual improvement and aesthetics. Key note: upper eyelid surgery is not just to look better! It is also for vision improvement.
- Frontal view - before and after - of upper blepharoplasty. Notice the opening of the eyes and improved lid crease since removal of the sagging skin.
- Three-quarter view - before and after - of upper blepharoplasty. Notice the opening of the eyes. The lateral "hooding" of skin has been improved tremendously.
- Profile view - before and after - of upper blepharoplasty. Notice how the white of the eye could not be seen before.
- Patient #: 2161
- Gender: Male
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Age: 70 - 80
- Specialist: David Kowalczyk, M.D.
- Procedure: Blepharoplasty